Before The Interview
- Explore about the Organization:Job interview is an important phase of life for a PGDM/MBA aspirant as it decides their career path. Students should be aware of the profile being offered to them. They should know the vision and mission of the company and its history. Generally, the interviewer might also question the mission and vision of the organization.
- Find out about the Package: This step is very important because salary packages differ for various industries. When students face a job interview on campus, recruiters usually declare the expected band of salary that they will be entitled to receive.
- Craft Good CV:Students should craft good CV. Your CV tells for yourself. There are some important things students should do to improve their CV – such as including industrial internships and live industrial projects in their core subject areas. These types of internships provide practical exposure of the concepts and content to talk about in their interviews. Students are advised to go for some certification courses and industry-oriented workshops. These will surely add more value to your CV.
- Punctuality Counts:The first impression is also likely to remain positive if you reach the venue on time or at least half an hour early than the allotted time.
During the Interview
- Strong Communication Skills & Soft Skills:Students should have strong communication skills and good soft skills so that they can express themselves clearly. Having strong communication skills will help management students in their GD as well as PI. That will help them in preparing all the HR questions such as – “Tell Me Something About Yourself”, “Why you want to join this company”, etc.
- Maintain Good Body Language & Appropriate Eye Contact
- Be Polite & Honest about your Work.
- Lastly, Ask Questions to the Interviewer, if required.
The training & placement cell of Asian Business School (ABS) – which is known as “Corporate Resource Cell (CRC)” – provides its management students summer internship opportunities – both national as well as international – to get them the right industrial exposure. The aim of these internships is to provide real-world corporate experience and help the students with a hands-on opportunity to work in their desired field.
Besides, the Corporate Resource Centre (CRC) at Asian Business School (ABS) gives utmost importance to assisting its students in getting suitable placements after the successful completion of their studies. CRC ensures that every student gets the right skill & domain knowledge so that they are easily acceptable to the industry.
Thus, Asian Business School also focuses on settling its budding managers in the corporate world through their placement cell’s rigorous efforts in renowned companies of various different industrial sectors. Every year, Asian Business School hosts organizations from a plethora of different industries and sectors offering diverse profiles across verticals and functional domains to its graduates. In fact, ABS hosts well over 300 organizations on-campus every year. The top recruiters at the school are from different sectors namely IT, BFSI, Consulting, FMCG, Healthcare, Automobile, Real Estate, Hospitality, etc. The number of organizations and the packages offered have consistently increased over the years.
So it is that the institute has an excellent placement record. This year, as of now, 100% of students have already been placed before the course completion (with Rs 16.37 lakhs being the highest package offered), with more than 300 companies have visited the campus. These included prominent national and multinational companies from sectors such as research and advisory, manufacturing, fast-moving consumer goods, retail, consumer durables, and banking and investment.
Being among the top MBA colleges in India with highest placements, ABS also organizes industrial visits for management students to various companies such as Parle Products, Safexpress, Yakult Danone India Pvt. Ltd., Relaxo Footwear Ltd, Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd, Liberty Shoes Ltd., Moserbaer India Ltd., National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC), JCB Ltd., Bisleri International Ltd., etc. because we aim to strive for higher rates of success through Industry- academia collaboration.
ABS thrives on the efforts of its students who continue to prove their mettle in national corporate competitions, academics, and placements – thereby strengthening the ABS brand in the corporate world.