Nowadays, for better and bright career prospects, most students are opting for management courses like MBA or PGDM programmes. Students looking to pursue their careers in management are advised to opt for one of the best business schools in India for PGDM course placement and fulfilling their career dreams. There are many private and government MBA/PGDM colleges in Delhi NCR that are considered the best management institutions. Among the several parameters that define top B-Schools in India, ‘Campus Placements’ status happens to be the paramount factor.
The major role that the management institution plays in placements is to prepare and guide its students well through the process of placements by providing them with the needed training for getting placed in high-end companies. They provide students with the platform to showcase their skills and abilities to prospective employers by inviting them for placement drives. In order to make the entire process smooth and efficient, reputed institutions generally establish a dedicated training and placement cell that facilitates and counsels placement related activities for the benefit of students, as well as the companies.
Placement Tips for MBA/PGDM students
Placements, in fact, are very important for MBA/PGDM program. After two years of slogging and studying, finally, the placement season arrives for students in their final year. Enumerated below are some important tips to prepare for MBA/PGDM campus placements:
Before the Interview
- Explore About the Organization: MBA/PGDM Job interview is an important phase of life for a management aspirant as it decides their career path. Students should be aware of the profile being offered to them. They should also know the vision and mission of the company and its history. Generally, the interviewer might also question the mission and vision of the organization.
- Find out about the Package: This step is very important because salary packages differ for various industries. When students face job interviews on campus, recruiters normally declare the expected salary band that they will be entitled to receive.
- Craft Good CV: Students should craft a good CV. Your CV tells for yourself. There are important things students should do to improve their CV, such as the industrial internship and live industrial projects undertaken in their core subject areas. These types of internships provide practical exposure to the concepts and content to talk about in their respective interviews. It is advised that you should go for some certification courses and industry-oriented workshops; these will add the maximum value to your CV.
- Punctuality Counts: The first impression is also likely to remain positive if you reach the venue on time or at least half an hour early than the allotted time.
During the Interview
- Strong Communication Skills & Soft Skills: Students should have strong communication skills and good soft skills so that they can express themselves clearly. Having strong communication skills will help management students in their GD as well as PI in a big way. That will also help them in preparing for all the HR questions such as “Tell Me Something About Yourself”, “Why you want to join this company”, etc.
- Maintain a Good Body Language&Appropriate Eye Contact
- Be Polite & Honest about your Work
- Lastly, Ask Questions from the interviewer if required.
Almost all top management institutes in India offering MBA or PGDM courses have a robust placement and incubation cell to cater to the career needs of their students. One such top private PGDM college in Delhi NCR is Asian Business School (ABS) in Noida that has a dedicated placement cell known as Corporate Resource Cell (CRC) which gives utmost importance to assisting its students in getting suitable placements after the successful completion of their studies.