With the goal of instilling an entrepreneurial mindset in ABS students, the Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation Centre (EDIC) hosts Young Asian Entrepreneur of the Year in which students from the final year PGDM (equivalent to MBA) compete for a Seed funding of INR 5 lakh for their start-up venture. The winning amount of Rs. 5 Lacs is funded entirely by Asian Business School.
The aim of this event is to:
- Provide an opportunity for all the final year PGDM students at Asian Business School to put into practice all what they have learnt over the past 2 years of studies inside and outside the campus.
- Provide a meaningful learning experience for students who are interested in pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity in their career.
- Push the young minds to become job creators and not merely as job seekers.
Flow of the Events
- Students can participate individually or can form a team of 1-3 members
- For the Semi Finale Round, participants need to come up with a very brief explanation of their business idea
- Top 4 teams / individuals from the Semi Finale shall qualify for the Grand Finale, Young Asian Entrepreneur of the Year
- These 4 teams / individuals shall be joined by the Winner of Young Asian Entrepreneurial Challenge from the same batch of PGDM students who shall be vying for the top honours of winning 5 Lacs as the Seed Funding for their venture
Judgement and final Evaluation of the event is carried out by a leading entrepreneur who has already made a name in the industry.