In the recent times, PGDM MARKETING – spelt out as Postgraduate Diploma Management in Marketing – has come up as a most sought-after degree by both students as well as the corporate world. This course specialization of PGDM Marketing explores the fundamental approaches to understand markets and portfolios of product offering. Some of the key attributes of this module include identifying target markets, market observation and product development through well-defined learning modes. Hence, before taking up this specialization, aspiring management students need to know the scope of PGDM Marketing and the various career opportunities one can avail.
PGDM Marketing scope
One might have a large number of career opportunities while pursuing PGDM Marketing. This is obvious because marketing is a very broad conception. There are several avenues for marketing students everywhere in India, more so in highly developed regions like Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. In fact, one can have plenty of job opportunities anywhere after the course completion of Post-Graduate Diploma Management in Marketing.
Leading career options in PGDM Marketing
- Sales Manager: The responsibility of a sales manager is to lead and guide a team of salespeople in an organization. They set sales targets, build a sales plan, analyze data, provide sales training, assign sales territories, mentor the members of his/her sales team and are involved in the hiring and firing process of the organization as well.
- Brand Manager: Brand building and promotion is one of the most important aspects of marketing. A brand manager is responsible for activities like advertising, media engagement, sales promotions, display of the brand at the target places etc. and this is a very dynamic field unlike sales, which may get monotonous and hectic at times. To put it briefly, it is a brand manager’s responsibility to create a positive image of the product among the audience. Being a brand manager will keep one on their toes and allow them to earn attractive incentives.
- Market Research Analysis: A market research analyst can work in diverse industry verticals like media, retail, entertainment, FMCG etc. In this role, one has to analyze the present market and patterns and work as per the ongoing trends. Here, one needs to build marketing strategies and design various surveys and research methodologies to gather information. This role is most suitable for those who have an analytical mindset and are interested in research.
- Public Relations Manager: The main role of a public relation manager is to manage the information between the organization and the public. A promotion manager must shield and enhance the name of the organization through judicious use of media. He or she has to analyze the organization’s background and culture and make sure that no doubts about it prevail among the people. A PR manager has to frequently switch between multiple projects at the same time. The job also involves a lot of traveling. But, one cannot ignore the pay and rewards that it has to offer.
- Digital Marketing: Digital marketing is the most valuable career option for students with Post Graduate Diploma Management in Marketing. It has a constant purpose as that of traditional selling; however, the approach here is progressive. The varied things that come under digital marketing include Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Web Content Writing, and so on. It works for both B2B and B2C. Digital Marketing is suitable for those who have an eye for technological growth in marketing. With technology advancement, digital promoting is making a huge difference in the promotion of businesses with the help of various free/paid digital tools which are available on the web.
Future Scope & Demand of PGDM Marketing
In the current times, India is regarded as one of the largest consumer markets in the world, with its population of middle-class consumers expected to reach 475 million by the year 2030, as reported in a recent study conducted by Asialink Business. And so there is a huge anticipated requirement of marketing professionals to cater this segment of population.
Traditionally, marketing involved buying and selling of goods and services only, but now its scope has widened and it encompasses a range of activities. From product planning to market research to promotional decisions and to environmental analysis – the responsibility of a marketer is quite vast.
It is here that PGDM Marketing presents itself as a cutting-edge 21st century course to empower you with crucial skills and knowledge to succeed. You will be offered multiple networking opportunities you need to accelerate your career, either as a manager within the private or public sector, or in developing your own entrepreneurial ambition. Here, you can also expect one-to-one support to help develop you into a successful leader.
Apply for PGDM in Marketing in Delhi NCR’s leading business college, Asian Business School (ABS), Noida that offers 2 year full-time AICTE Approved, NBA Accredited & AIU Affiliated PGDM program which is Equivalent to an MBA Degree. What’s more, you will also get to receive Dual Specialization in your elective by availing the choice of Open Elective Courses in Retail Management, Tourism & Hospitality Management, Supply Chain & Logistics Management, and Micro & Small Business Management.
In the ever challenging market dynamics, we at Asian Business School train our students to cultivate flexible thinking, effective decision making and responsible management mind-set. So, start your transformational journey to change the way you think and join Asian Business School for your PGDM Marketing!