It is an era of challenging economic situation where the growth and development is happening at a global scale. Today, employers in every industry emphasize the need for employees to be equipped with certain skills. With the PGDM 2013-15 batch almost placed, the below-mentioned skills will definitely aid the success of Asianites in their respective careers.
- Quality NOT Quantity: Lay higher emphasis on the quality of work. Don’t simply focus on the number of hours you invest in the completion of a task. If the quality of the work completed is not up to the standards and requirements of the organization, investing those hours would be a complete waste of time and effort. Stress on the quality of your work rather than the hours you devote in completing the work.
- Sharpen the Saw: Keeping yourself updated with the knowledge of current affairs is a must. As an employee, you should constantly improve your awareness regarding current affairs, business and the facts pertaining to the industry. There should never be a situation where your client is more knowledgeable than you. This will not invoke credibility and trust.
- Time Management: Time management is all about completing your work on or before the given timelines. Staying extra hours at work trying to complete the tasks assigned to you during your regular hours does not imply that you are hardworking. It simply means that you do not know how to prioritize.
- Communication Skills: Learn the art of communicating well in the workplace. Not only should you possess impeccable spoken skills, you should also present yourself in a professional manner. Keep a check on your body language. Ensure that you exude confidence not only verbally but also non-verbally.
- Team Player: You might be excellent in your job and you might also have the right skill set, but when asked to perform a task in a group you might not be a good team player. When it comes to working in a corporate you may have to work in a team to achieve big targets or complete projects or assignment. Learn the dynamics of working in a team and understand the view point presented by your team mates.
Developing these skills will help you succeed in any career and in any industry. Keep the focus. We wish you all the best.