Asian Business School inaugurated its new batch of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) on Monday, 23rd August 2021. The inauguration kick-started a grand five-day Orientation Programme scheduled from Monday, 23rd August 2021 to Friday, 27th August 2021. However, in view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and keeping in mind the social distancing norms, this programme was organized virtually to benefit the students who were about to begin a new phase in their academic life.
Day 3 of the ABS PGDM Orientation Program 2021 that was held on Wednesday, 25th August 2021 was marked by a LEAD Lecture by Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur, Head HR, Renault India Pvt. Ltd. on the topic “Campus to Corporate” and CAMPUS CONNECT & Know Your Faculty sessions for the new 2021-23 batch of ABS PGDM students.
The day’s proceedings got rolling with the wonderful LEAD Lecture session by Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur, Head HR, Renault India Pvt. Ltd. on the topic “Campus to Corporate”!
A word about Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur first:
Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur is an Ex-Indian Army Officer with commendable experience in managing the entire gamut of Leadership & Human Resource Management, Talent Management, Talent Development, Change Management and Operations Management. An Alumnus of IIM, Lucknow, he has over 17 years of extended experience in Human Resource Management & Development and hands-on experience in Project Management. Presently, Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur is heading the HR Department of Renault India Pvt. Ltd. (RIPL) – a wholly owned subsidiary of Renault S.A., France that currently offers four models in the Indian market, namely the SUV Duster, the compact MPV Triber, the compact SUV Kiger and budget car Kwid. Last but not the least, Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur is also an author of the novels, ‘THOSE UNKNOWN’ & ‘FALLEN FEW’, that have been well-appreciated by Top Army Brasses.
Sharing his vast life experiences wherein he worked profoundly in J&K in Counter-Insurgency & Counter Terrorism environment and trained officers & employees in various forums on Leadership-self motivation-communication-conflict management-resilience etc. and then changed gears to join the corporate world – Capt. Pranav Prasoon Thakur, in his talk session for on the third day of ABS PGDM Orientation Program 2021, said, “Life teaches many lessons and throws up several challenges and we must learn how to negotiate with them well.” This he said could be achieved by keeping in mind “Five Things”:
- “You must have a purpose for your life and it must be a journey … continuous and vast.”
- “You have to build your stamina both physical and mental by being diligent in your studies while at college and by inculcating some good personal habits like getting up early in the mornings and investing time in meditation and physical activities.”
- “You must develop some good release mechanism – like walking, dancing, writing, etc. – to bust out the mental stresses that life will throw back at you at regular intervals.”
- “You must know yourself thoroughly and bank on your strengths and work on your weaknesses.”
- “Your happiness is completely yours, don’t be dependent on other people. To be or not to be is always your choice. If you don’t know how to choose, you seriously need to work on that!”
The latter half of the Day 3 of the ABS PGDM Orientation Program 2021 was devoted to a richly laid out “CAMPUS CONNECT & KNOW YOUR FACULTY” sessions, wherein the new 2021-23 Batch of ABS PGDM students were allowed to have an interactive and insightful session with Director AEG and ABS faculty members and collect the nuggets of their invaluable wisdom and learning.
Following this session, proceedings of the Day 3 of ABS PGDM Orientation Program 2021 came to an end.