The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established â€˜MHRDâ€™s Innovation Cell (MIC)â€™ to foster the culture of innovation among institutions of higher education in India. Across the institutions, MIC established Institutionâ€™s Innovation Council (IICs) to promote a spirit of entrepreneurship among the elite institutions in the country.
Among other institutions of prominence among the country, Asian Business School (ABS) has joined the elite class of countryâ€™s institutions to have established its own IIC under the Ministry of HRDâ€™s Innovation Cell (MIC).
The IIC at ABS is focused towards the following objectives:
* Foster start-up supporting mechanism in conjunction with the MIC
* Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework
* Act as a connecting link between the ABS institution and the Ministry of HRD for entrepreneurship related activities and discussions
In order to ensure the maximum benefit for the studentsâ€™ community at the ABS campus, the IIC aims at the following key functions as part of its responsibilities:
* To conduct entrepreneurship and innovation related events organized by the MIC, in the ABS campus
* To organize workshops/seminars with entrepreneurs and create a mentor pool for student innovators
* Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations
* To highlight innovation projects conducted by faculty and students at the MIC innovation portal for recognition
* Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries